Urban and Landscape Planning (Lecture B3)
Term: 1 Semester
The lecture provides an introduction to urban and landscape planning that aims at putting students in a position to take on analytic and conceptual tasks in the area of urban and landscape development. Furthermore, the lecture provides basic knowledge required for Project “B3 City and Landscape” and invites students to study the course topics in more depth, e.g. as part of a Master’s degree course.
The lecture will address the following questions:
• What is a city? What is landscape?
• How and why do cities and landscapes develop?
• What actors are involved in development processes, and in what ways?
• What contributions can be made by urban and landscape planning, with what aims, and using what methods and instruments?
• What tasks result from historical and current developments of cities and landscapes?
• What are the central components and quality objectives of current concept development?
• How are urban and landscape planning concepts implemented?
Mo. 12:15 - 16:00 - Couvenhalle
Fr. 10.11.2017 - Exkursion Krefeld
• Contents and organisation: Stefan Krapp, Institut für Städtebau und Landesplanung,
Further information will be uploaded in L2P.